Aesthetic appeal plays a key role in the design of a kitchen. As a result, most homeowners choose their kitchen on the basis of aesthetics. However, functionality should be given just as much attention. After all, a functional kitchen that offers more storage space makes prepping, cooking and even cleaning easier and more fun!
At Viking Woodworking, we are able to supply our clients with both! Take a look below at 5 ways to store more in your kitchen space, while keeping the natural beauty that every homeowner desires!
1. One of the hottest trends of 2013 is taking appliances that would normally be stored on the counter and giving them their own built-in drawer, like the microwave shown below in this Viking kitchen.
Not ready to purchase new appliances? Store your existing appliances, such as microwaves and toasters, in a pantry.
2. Keep your spice bottles organized and at your fingertips with a Viking custom spice drawer. Lay the spices with each label visible so you can find the spice you need with just a quick glance.
3. Use upright storage rather than stacking items such as baking sheets, cutting boards and platters. This not only frees up space, but it also eliminates having to lift heavy stacks to find the cooking item you need.
4. Divide your drawers with these Viking custom dividers. These inserts help organize flatware and other items within your drawer.
5. Try including a deep drawer in your kitchen like these Viking drawers shown below. This will allow you to easily store tall bottles such as oil, vinegar or even alcohol.
For more fun hints on how to store more in your kitchen, visit our Houzz page and browse our projects and ideabooks!